Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Top Spring Looks for Her

Our atypical warm winter day has me pining for spring frocks and shoes. I see bursts of tangerine (the "It" color for the season), abstract prints, peep-toe espadrilles and a dose of the whimsical. While my style wanes from the modern bohemian to vintage-inspired (well, anything vintage circa 1950s), I am adamant about fit - just ask my clients! My top spring picks offer the best of both worlds: strong silhouettes that support an hourglass figure and visual interest. The latter can be honed or exaggerated depending on your personality and lifestyle.

I challenge you to embrace bold colors if you tend to favor a neutral palette of creams, grays and white. For the edgy rocker, soften your look for a floral print (pair with a cropped moto jacket to reinforce your point of view). Either way, spring transitions us from months of drab to bright awakenings. See you at the garden party!


City Jacket and Pants (100% organic cotton, herb-dyed) by A.D.O. Clothing. Available mid-March at A.D.O, $220 city jacket and $142 city pants









Abstract print dress by Samantha Pleet. Contact info@samanthapleet.com for price.










Empire Dress (100% organic cotton) by Organic by John Patrick. Sold at Barney's, $560










Florence Espadrilles (faux suede) by Olsen Haus. Sold on www.Vickerey.com, $185

No comments: